Welcome to Sunny Fitzroy Where Babka Resides

It's been a while but I have found the next additions to my treasure chest. Not one, but two! :)We were walking towards the dining spot in Fitzroy to grab brunch (ended up in the cute little Babka which serves scrumptious brekky with high quality ingredients until 6pm daily!) when we saw this big spread of black and white graffiti. :)

An impressive work of art by Everfresh Studio! It's on the corner of Young St and Johnston St in Fitzroy if you want to see it with your own eyes.

Now - moving on.. to Babka!

The bad review in "the breakfast blog: Babka, Fitzroy || Back to Babka" on the service and the queue prompts me to blabber my experience. I have to admit, there was a queue and quite a long one too. But what can one do - the place is tiny. Plus, it means that they don't shoo customers out (unlike what Dessert House would have done).

Mr. ordered Croissant with Jam for his first course and it was superb (well - he shooed me off his plate after my third pinch). I ordered my usual Skinny Albino, which was delivered at the right temperature, creamy texture and great taste.

And when the food was served - I (who definitely LOATHE waiting) tried the mushroom (off our brunch companion's, Anna, plate), the avocado (off Mr.'s plate) and the Georgian Baked Beand (finally - off my own plate) and said "it is definitely worth the wait!"

Great food. Interesting menu. Cool funky location.
Somehow reminded me of New York, more specifically in between Amy's Bread and Balthazar.

Hmm - Babka? I like!! :)
Oi Babka - fear not!
I will definitely return to try out the Russian Blintzes and the Egg Loaf, and your Hot Cross Bun!!!!



Babka Bakery Cafe
358 Brunswick St
Fitzroy VIC 3065
(03) 9416 0091
Google Map

No Response to "Welcome to Sunny Fitzroy Where Babka Resides"

Post a Comment