Cappuccino or Cafe Latte

0IMG_4891
I started savouring and becoming an addict of morning coffee about 3 years ago. Since then, I've been switching back and forth between Cappuccino and Cafe Latte, always with skinny milk (well - that's what I ordered - whether or not the barista actually makes it with skinny milk - I can't confirm) and no sugar. I simply don't like hot coffee sweetened. It just doesn't work and I could do with the calorie savings.

Recently, I wanted to order my current favorite of the two, skinny cappuccino - without the chocolate topping, at a coffee shop that I randomly visit. But before I put in my order, the barista said to me "skinny latte with no sugar?". Obviously, she still remembered me from my last visit when that was my favorite of the two. I uncomfortable correct her and said "skinny cappuccino, without chocolate and no sugar". She then said to me "Cappuccino, Latte - same thing." And I'm like "Really? They taste pretty different to me..." Pfft... there goes my respect for the barista.

I've always questioned whether or not they are the same thing. But I'm leaning towards the fact that they are different - because I do like the taste of skinny cappuccino more. Most people that I've talked to prefers latte. I tried latte for a while and I kept thinking that my barista make bad coffee. Only recently I discovered that it is the taste of cappuccino that I like. I like stronger coffee taste. Not too much milk. I like the fluffiness of the froth in cappuccino. Not the creamy taste of latte which often cover the aroma of the coffee. The thing that delays me from realising this was the chocolate topping. I don't like the chocolate topping. It distracted me from enjoying my first sip of the coffee.

Anyway - it's about time for me to confirm whether they are the same thing or not. After a few minutes of Google-ing. I found a post which answers my question nicely. the Coffee of Jabez: Cappuccino vs. Caffe Latte; i.e.
"A cappuccino has 1/3 espresso, 1/3 steamed milk, and 1/3 foam. Equal proportions dude."
"A caffe latte has steamed milk filled to the BRIM of the glass. It's a milky drink indeed... LATTE."

I'm going to ignore the different container for the two - because I get my coffee for take away and that's how I like it. Small sip off that peep hole in the plastic lid over the paper cup.

Good morning sunshine!

No Response to "Cappuccino or Cafe Latte"

Post a Comment