Banana, Maple & Walnut Muffin



Something special to brighten my gal pal's day! :)

Recipe from Karen Cheng's Snippets of Life » Blog Archive » Pear, Walnut and Maple Muffins.

I swapped pear with banana as I have a couple frozen ripe large banana (defrosted and mashed!). :)
I measured the cup of flour using my rice cup (i.e. about 170ml per cup) and that wasn't quite right.
I ended up with super moist muffin (especially out of the oven) - yummy - but perhaps need a bit more flour.
The addition of 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, a pinch of salt and a bit more walnut (cause i love it! :P) works very well though.
Plus, I added 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, a pinch of salt and a little more walnut than specified (cause i love it! :P).
The reduction of the maple syrup works too - as the banana is already very sweet. :)

I really enjoyed the muffin (so did Shanon, Lia and Charles!) - will definitely try again next time with 250ml cup measurement.

Considering this is the first time I make muffin from scratch (flour and all), I found it quite easy and enjoyable to do.
Resulting muffin are much better than the box ones and totally love the fragrant smell all around the house!

Yay!

PS: Don't know why I photograph the Vanilla Essence and Canola Oil in the first place.. :P They weren't used in the baking!

No Response to "Banana, Maple & Walnut Muffin"

Post a Comment